Historic Artefacts on Display

 

The Society would like to acknowledge the support of the DOE Historic Monuments Division in thier consent to the displaying of three local artefacts at its premises at the Killymaddy Centre.

 

killeeshilcross glencullcross fortedwardbutton

 The Killeeshil
Cross Fragment

c9th Century

The Glencull
Cross Head

c13th Century

 The Fort Edward
Yeomanry Cavalry Button
c1796-1805

 

The Killeeshil Cross Fragment was discovered by the late Rev Brett Ingam in 1975 on the boundary of nearby Killeeshil (St Pauls) Church of Ireland

 

The Glencull Cross Head was also discovered in 1975 embedded in the wall of a farm in the townland of Glencull.  The Society would also like to ackknowledge the consent of Mr William Barbour to the removal of the artefact to Killymaddy.

 

The Fort Edward Yeomanry Cavalry Button was discovered in the Archaeological Excavations of Castle Caulfield by Archaeologists from Queens University, Belfast in 2011.

 

Membership / Donations

Enter Amount

<<  December 2020  >>
 Mo  Tu  We  Th  Fr  Sa  Su 
   1  2  3  4  6
  7  91113
141516171820
212223242527
28293031